PENTA 720 MODULAR AUDIO INTERFACE
Next Generation Enterprise, Modular Router and Interface System
PENTA 720 is a new generation of audio router and audio distribution interfaces from NTP Technology, which provides a versatile and flexible interface for signal distribution of analogue and digital audio via AES/EBU, MADI, SDI SD/HD/3G embedded audio as well as routing via IP Gigabit Ethernet and optical fibre networks.
PENTA 720 is a 2U modular audio interface designed for use in television or radio studios, outside broadcast vehicles and public-event venues. It comes with eight channel AES3 input/output channels, MADI and two IP Audio Ethernet in/outs.
Up to eight optional cards can be incorporated to match specific operational requirements. The range of available plugincards includes an eight-channel analogue input interface, eight-channel analogue output, two-channel SDI/HD/3G embedder interface and a two-channel SDI/HD/3G de-embedder interface. All cards support hot-swop. A mini-module slot is available for dual SFP MADI optical input/output module, which is also compliant to the NTP HotLink/Dual MADI format.
- 8 AES/EBU I/O and 1-3 MADI I/O
- 8 card slots for analogue and digital I/O cards supporting hot-swop
- IP audio L3 Ethernet I/O powered by Dante
- TCP/IP control via NTP Router Control System and Stand alone control applications for PC
- Single or Dual power supply
- Analogue and Digital audio interfacing
- Each of the 8 expansion slots can be independent or combined domain properties. Allowing separate sample rate, clock sources and IP Submask independence.
- Interfacing and routing of embedded audio in video SDI SD/HD/3G signals
- Flexible patching and routing of digital audio signals providing
- Stand alone IP audio interface and format converter
- Interface for NTP TDM router systems
- Low latency, tightly synchronised, transport of uncompressed audio over IP networks using off the shelf switches
NTP Penta 720 Overview Video
NTP Penta 720 Overview
Let's take a closer look at what is under the hood of the Penta 720 modular audio interface, router and converter. Or rather what you can add under the hood, as the platform is highly modular by nature! 😎Learn more about Penta 720: http://bit.ly/2RwTyksPosted by NTP Technology on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
PENTA 720 include a 1024×1024 multiplexer,enabling all analogue and digital inputs and outputs to be routed in any combination; this enables the unit to also split signals for advanced signal distribution. The multiplexer can be used to establish the static connections of the signal inputs and outputs, and furthermore it incorporates soft switching with a fade down and fade up functionality of the signal level. Soft switching ensures that setting or changing a signal path can be made without any audible click or artefact.
PENTA 720 are TCP/IP controlled via one or two Ethernet ports. Control and supervision can be made by the NTP RCCore control system, and the operation is done via the NTP VMC control software client applications. A simple dedicated software control application for Windows is available for controlling and setting up PENTA 720 on a unit to unit basis when less advanced operation is required.
The IP Audio routing is for larger systems controlled by the NTP RCCore Router Control System, for easy and simple setting of connections on the Gigabit IP Ethernet. PENTA 721 can also be controlled by the Dante IP Audio routing controller software.
IP Audio Powered by Dante
The PENTA 720 IP Audio protocol is based on the robust tried-and-tested Dante™ digital audio networktechnology, and will interoperate with products of other brands that comply with Dante. The Dante IP Audio format provides fast, flexible, andeconomical audio routing via IP and is compatible with NTP PENTA 721 Digital I/O and other Dante devices.
The IP Audio routing provides Low latency, tightly synchronised, transport of uncompressed audio over Gigabit IP Ethernet Layer 3 networks using off the shelf switches, and routers for audio routing via one or more sub-nets. A total of 512 channels can be routed on a 1 Gigabit network, and more if the network capacity is higher.
Dante is the ultimate choice for High Reliability and High Performance Audio Routing and Audio Processing. Small in size, but big in performance. The all digital Penta 720 is developed with the newest technology in FPGA, SMD and software design. Featuring single or dual processor. Ultra compact, ultra fast, ultra reliable. Reliability, innovation and years of experience.
PENTA 720 I/O Cards
The PENTA 720 has 8 user configurable slots for I/O cards. The slots can be configured with any combination of the available analogue and digital cards, in addition to the digital interfaces provided on the base unit. The available card types are shown below.
- 8 ch. Line A/D card
- 8 ch. Mic/Line A/D card
- 8 ch. D/A card
Sample rate support 44.1 to 384kHz
- 8 Stereo AES3 I/O card with selectable input sample-rate converter
AES/EBU I/O according to the AES3 standard
Sample rate support 44.1 to 192kHz
- Dual MADI 128 ch. I/O card with connection via SFP modules for a choice of optical or coax I/O. The two SFP slots can also be configured for redundant operation with auto swithing. The card can also be set in NTP Hotlink mode providing 128 channels of I/O on a redundant SFP interface.
Sample rate support for MADI is 44.1 to 384 kHz and in Hotlink mode 48 kHz
3G SDI I/0
- Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI 2×16 ch. embedder/de-embedder card with selectable sample rate converter on inputs and outputs and input loop trough. In embedding mode a video input signal must be applied.